Sunday, September 7, 2014

Day 7

Day 7 of the painting challenge and I am quite pleased with it.  I took this photo at my neighbors cabin and have wanted to paint it for awhile.  Somehow I just never had the desire until this morning.  Sometimes I have tons of photos that I look at and look at and then one day the urge just strikes and today was that day.  

Some of the artists that are participating in this challenge are sharing a bit about themselves with this and I have not, mostly because of time.  Today I share.  

When I started painting in 2009 I was terrified to touch the canvas with a paintbrush loaded with paint.  It was so scary for me to put myself out there but I did it, hand shaking like a leaf.  I have never looked back.  It has given me much more than an outlet for sanity it has given me courage and confidence that I have been lacking most of my life, especially my young life.  I always described myself as a wallflower in high school and now I'm a bold flower, bursting with joy and confidence and ATTITUDE!  I hope you enjoy my journey as much as I am right now.  

"Peek-a-Boo"
8x10 
oil on cotton panel
$ 100

No comments: