Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Day 23 - Bathing Beauty

Day 24, what can I say about day 23...STRUGGLE...that is what I can say.  I chose a picture of my teenage mother in a bathing suit.  The problem is I struggle with faces, a lot, and it's of my mother, so I am not satisfied, EVER.  So if you are thinking it is going to look like my momma...it's not, but it is of a lady at least, not like a guy in drag, which was what it looked like most of the day in art class.  I wiped that face off  three times until I was at least satisfied that it looked like a woman.  Actually, it reminds me of my mother-in-law right now, but that's okay because I love my MIL.  This is all a challenge and it is to hone my skills as an artist, hence, ARTIST IN TRAINING!  You are never too old or too practiced to learn or gain some kind of knowledge.

Day 23

"Bathing Beauty"
8x10 
oil on cotton panel

No comments: