Monday, April 28, 2014

Workshop Update

Day two of the Derek Penix workshop yielded this little beauty (5x7) for me.  It took nearly 3 hours to get to this point and scraping it off a couple of times to get it right but I really like it.  One of my favorite birds and photos that I have taken.  

Day three of the workshop was what is called plein air painting.  Thankfully the weather cooperated with a bit of wind.  It was a tad chilly when not in the sun but I enjoyed the process and sitting in the sun while he created in his demo. 
It is amazing how he looks at things and sees the light and dark and starts swiping on color to create.



I know it's blurry but here is the final product of his talent.   
Unfortunately, I didn't get to go out to try the great outdoors as I had to leave but I will try it at home, SOON and can't wait to take another of his workshops again.

No comments: