Friday, September 13, 2013

Selling Artwork

Imagine my thrill about a month ago when I received an email out of the blue from a guy up north interested in this tool belt painting, Robert's Tool Belt.  I never thought anyone would be interested in this odd painting but I was very wrong.  He wanted to know if it was for sale and I asked Robert if he minded and he didn't so I quoted a price and then didn't hear a thing for about a month.  The guy wanted it for a gift for his retired electrician father!  How cool.  Anyway, last week I received another email saying he wanted the painting and within an hour I had the money in my Paypal account and shipped it off a week later.  How cool is that.  Kind of sad to see it go but I think it has a happy new home.  Might have to paint another!

Then a couple of months ago a distant cousin of Robert's, a photographer asked me to paint one of his photographs.  He didn't want it to look like a photo, but a painting, I said, "No problem!" So I finished and shipped it off yesterday!  
"Butterfly"

I have also been asked to paint another commission and will start it this weekend!   Wow, my new found love has become a bit profitable and lots of fun!


No comments: