Thursday, March 28, 2013

Finding The Love Again

I've been missing from this blog and thought today would be a good day to catch up a bit. 
 Finding time to paint lately and wanting to paint has been a problem for me lately.  I guess the cold winter and dreary days have taken a toll.  But, finally a few good sunny days and I'm feeling the old creative itch.  Someone told me that this picture would be a great painting.  I took it several years ago at the cabin and really like the colors so, today I decided to try my hand at it...

first I sketched with a bit of paint and then filling in some color.  

It's not finished for sure but I think I've got a good start on it.  
It really amazes me sometimes that I had this ability hidden and dormant for so many wasted years.  I question why I never took it past the 9th grade art class with Miss Henson.  I guess my confidence in myself was so wanting that I had to hide.  

Momma was always my champion but I just didn't listen to her sometimes.
It would have been a great thing to share with her.  



No comments: